Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Photoshop Elements 7

This afternoon I purchased Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 and installed in on my laptop (which indicates enough room to install and still have lots left over).  Twice now when playing with the program, my laptop froze on me and I couldn't do anything.  I don't know why this is happening but I'll definitely be looking into this.

I find it odd that there wasn't more of a manual included in the box, but there might be something online or on the CD.  Also, I know there are books and magazines, and I do have one magazine that is supposed to explain how to do things.  I'll have to dig it out and look into it.  I'm excited to have this program, and hope I can learn to use it well in order to enhance my photos.

I haven't forgotten to post some pictures today.  These two shots were also taken in Australia when I visited the Werribee Free Range Zoo.  None of the animals here are in cages; they all roam freely in wide enclosed areas. 




I realize in the first picture that it would have been better if I had captured all of the horns.  But, we were in a bus and it was difficult to do so without getting part of the bus or the people on the other side of me in the shots.  I'm sure there are lots about this picture that could be adjusted (I was actually attempting to fix it up in Photoshop when the computer froze on me).  I decided to post it as is for now, and at some point when I "fix" it up, I can post that version of the photo as well.

As for the second shot, I find the back too light/white.  That is something I would try to fix (it's supposed to be sky) in Photoshop.  Also, the lower left hand corner looks a little dark and blurry.  Not sure how I'd fix that, but I think it's something to try adjusting.

Well, thanks for visiting the blog.  Please feel free to leave comments.  I'm off to figure out Photoshop Elements now!