Thursday, September 10, 2009

Experimenting

Only one shot for today.  This is the antelope picture I posted previously and finally figured out (with help from someone on the Digital Photography School forums) why I couldn't see this shot in with the original.  I had it saved under a PSD ending instead of a JPEG!  So, I went in and resaved it as a JPEG and lo and behold, there it was, right where I wanted it to be!

Again, for this image, I played around a little in PSE 7 last night as I was attempting to learn a little about the program.  Since I'm new to digital photography, and more recently to the whole editing process, I don't know how or where I should fix things.  For example, down in the lower left corner, it's a little dark (almost like a vignette to me)...I don't know what to do, or how I would fix that.  Also, when I attempt to slide the bars around to adjust things like sharpness, hue,saturation, etc., I don't know how to choose what looks better.  In most cases, no matter what I do, it looks fine (though in many cases it doesn't).

I realize the editing process is a learning process and it takes time and practice in order to become good at it.  This is what I want to do; therefore, I will continue to "play" around with PSE 7 and ask questions, try hints and tips, and follow technique examples in the photography magazines and books using my own shots.

If you have any suggestions, tips, etc. for ways I might try to improve  this picutre, I wouldn't mind hearing them.  I am in the learning process afterall.

2 comments:

Fish Whisperer said...

Shelley, good photo. The shadow detail is lost as in the eye and behind the ear and nose. As for the blur on the bottom just crop it out. Hope this helps.
Cheers

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Thanks for your input! I'm just learning about this, so can you explain how I could fix the shadow detail?