Saturday, February 4, 2012

Sunrise From My Window

View out my window at sunrise
In my previous post I mentioned that I had signed up for an online photography course through the local distance education center.  A week or so ago I submitted my first lesson and I finally heard back. I got 5/5 - but then everyone does, because the lesson is simply going through your photos and trying to determine which element the photo is.

I read over the next lesson this morning and took a short quiz. I hope I did well on it. The quiz was on shutter speed, aperture, and ISO.

Right now I'm reading about camera modes and exposure techniques. There's a lot to learn, but it's necessary to help improve my photography. I'm looking forward to being able to go out and practice taking lots of photos (for assignments and for myself).  Unfortunately, I don't have a car here, so it's difficult to get around and go to interesting places to take photos. At least one of my friends here has offered to go with me sometimes (she has a car). She's in the course as well, so it will be nice to have someone along on a photoshoot who isn't impatient and waiting for me to finish taking pictures!

On today's post, I've included a couple of pictures I took from my apartment window this morning at sunrise. The photos are untouched. It was such a beautiful sight to see God's handiwork again this morning.

One thing that always seems to amaze me since moving here, are the way the clouds seem to look - they just seem "different" here than back home, and I can't explain how or why. It might be that I'm closer to the mountains, or maybe the elevation, but I don't know.

And with the cloud formations, are the sunrises and sunsets. I've seen some very beautiful colours in the sky at these times of day - such beauty and majesty - and they always make me thankful for being able to experience them, and of course they make me praise the Lord for His creation!

I'll continue to keep you posted as I journey along in this photography course. And, of course, I am hoping that by the time I finish (I think we have a year to complete the course), I should be able to see differences and improvements in my photos - which I'll  post here.