Saturday, January 21, 2012

Yoo Hoo! I'm Over Here!

Dickson Falls, July 2011
Wow, it's sure been awhile since I've posted here! I'm truly sorry. I moved to the other side of the country towards the end of last August, and since then I haven't taken many photos. I've been busy with work, I don't have access to a car to travel to new places to photograph, and then winter set in and it got cold.

One of the ladies at work (I'm a teacher and she works in the office) is also into photography, and we are taking a free - couldn't believe that! - online photography course through distance education. She is into it a couple lessons further than I am. You see, the first lesson is to gather 80 photographs that you've taken (no people in them with a critical eye) and evaluate as to which elements best describe the photos. The elements are: line, shape, form, texture, pattern and colour.

I was going to do this over the Christmas holidays, but I travelled back home and since I didn't have computer access there, I left my laptop at my apartment. When I got back and started teaching again, I just never seemed to find the time to sit down and go through my photos.

Today I finished up doing so, and now I just need to evaluate the photos and fill out the chart (we'll be using the photos again later on in the course) to send off. That is the first assignment. The lady from work who is taking the course said the second lesson is about f-stops.

Anyway, I hope to post here about my course as I go on. I'll also try to keep up to date with photos and maybe explain what I'm doing in each lesson as I go along.

Until the next post (which hopefully won't be too far into the future), happy snapping!