Saturday, September 15, 2012

Park Bench

A nice place to sit and forget your cares and worries...and your coffee mug!
I went out this afternoon with a phtographer friend of mine and we drove around the city to a few different locations looking for something to photograph.

There wasn't much around, and it was pretty sunny. The trees are all starting to change to their fall colour of yellow...and the fields looked yellow as well.

One thing I miss from the east coast is the beautiful fall foliage - the reds, oranges...and even the yellows (though they seem to be a different vibrancy than here). We don't have maple trees way up here in northern BC, and I definitely don't like that. However, those trees aren't suitable for this type of climate I guess (harsh winters).

This photo is obviously a park bench, and it's in one of the little parks in the middle of the city. Sadly, the flowers from the summer have pretty much disappeared, but there were a few. I wish there had been some in bloom around this bench...would have looked nicer, but I still like this photo.

Just before snapping this shot, I noticed someone had forgot to take their coffee mug with them so I left that in the shot...thought it might add some character to photo.